Updated 21 May 2018.
Here at Tropic Breeze, we take your privacy seriously – we ensure that all data that we hold is stored securely, and we will never misuse or sell your data.
Who are we?
We are Tropic Breeze, a small tour operator which is independently owned and managed. Any personal information provided to or gathered by us is controlled by Tropic Breeze Limited (“Tropic Breeze”, “We”, “Us”), a company registered in England at The Old Coach House, Yealmbury Hill, Yealmpton, PL8 2JH, UK. Registered company number: 4137790.
What personal information do we collect?
We may collect information from you when you subscribe to our email newsletter, when you request a quotation through our website, when you contact us through our online chat software, when you contact us by telephone or when you fill in a booking confirmation form.
The following may be collected:
- Name and contact details such as phone number, email address and postal address.
- Details of holiday enquiries including preferences, interests and any other information that may be relevant.
- Information relating to a holiday booking including names of all party members, dates of birth, medical or dietary requirements, passport and travel insurance details.
- Information relating to a holiday you have booked such as feedback, reviews and survey data.
- Email correspondence and details of telephone conversations - this allows us to carry out our core activities and maintain high levels of customer service.
We do not store any payment information.
We will update your information whenever you inform us of any changes.
What ‘sensitive personal data’ do we collect?
It is sometimes necessary for us to collect and store ‘sensitive personal data’ which may include information about race, ethnicity, religion and health. We will only collect this information to act in your interest and we will tell you why and how the information will be used – it may be that we need to let the airline know if you require additional assistance or certain meals, or that we need to let the hotel know that you require a certain room type. By freely providing this information (over the phone, by email or by submitting an enquiry or booking form), you are agreeing to allow us to collect, use and share with third parties where necessary. If you withdraw your consent, it may mean we are unable to provide some of the services you have requested from us.
What do we do with this personal information?
Information that you supply to us may be recorded in an online Customer Relationship Management system, our web-based database and reservations platform, other online software, in a Google document and in printed files stored securely in our office.
- If you subscribe to our marketing email newsletter, you are actively consenting for us to store, process and use your information. These details are used for email marketing purposes only - your details are stored within Mailchimp (including email address and subscriber activity plus a name if provided) and will not be passed on to any third parties.
- If you request a quotation from us by filling in one of the quote forms on our website, all information you provide (including sensitive personal data) will be stored within our secure website database, in online databases and in printed files. This is necessary for us to carry out the required activity prior to entering into a contract.
- If you contact us through our online chat software to request a quotation, your details (including your IP address) are stored in Olark and may be stored in online databases and printed files. This is necessary for us to carry out the required activity prior to entering into a contract.
- If you request a callback on our website, your details are stored in ResponseIQ and may be stored in online databases and printed files. This is necessary for us to carry out the required activity prior to entering into a contract.
- If you contact us by telephone to request a quotation or discuss future holiday plans, your details and any additional information you provide will be recorded in our online databases and printed files. This is necessary for us to carry out the required activity prior to entering into a contract.
- If you make a booking with us, all information you provide will be recorded in online databases and in printed files. Booking form data will also be stored within our secure website database and may be passed on to relevant third parties for operational purposes. This is necessary for us to carry out the required activity for the performance of a contract, and will be used in the future to conduct research on the basis of our legitimate interest to improve our services.
- If you make a booking with us, your information will also be used in the future to conduct research. If you complete our post-booking surveys, your details are stored in Survey Monkey and are transferred to our other databases – this is on the basis of our legitimate interest to improve our services.
If you request a quotation from us or make a booking, we may occasionally use your contact details in the future to contact you about holidays that we believe may be of interest to you or for seasonal marketing (ie Christmas cards) – this is on the basis of our legitimate interest to present you with relevant services.
The data will be stored for as long as is reasonably necessary to enable us to provide you with the services you have requested, to comply with any legal obligations and for our legitimate interests.
How do we look after your information?
Tropic Breeze strives to ensure the physical security of our offices, as well as the physical and digital security of our equipment. All information stored online is password protected with access restricted to members of the Tropic Breeze team who specifically require access to keep the organisation running smoothly.
We maintain internal policies and carry out data protection training to ensure that the team understands their responsibilities.
Transfer of your information
When you make a booking with Tropic Breeze, certain personal information you provide will need to be passed to, processed by and stored by relevant third parties for operational purposes. These include airlines, hoteliers and ground handling agents which may be based outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) and which therefore may not be subject to the same level of data protection controls as within the EEA. This transfer of information is essential to the smooth running of your holiday booking, and we take all steps possible to ensure that details are adequately protected.
We may also be obliged to share your personal data with other organisations as part of a legal obligation - this may be for the purposes of fraud prevention for example.
We will not pass your details on to other companies for marketing purposes.
You have the following rights in relation to your personal information:
- To request a copy of the information held about you, which we will endeavour to provide in an electronic format.
- To request that we don’t use your data for marketing purposes.
- To request for inaccurate information held about you to be updated.
- In certain circumstances, to request that we stop using your information or to delete your personal data entirely. We will do our best to accommodate your request unless we have a legal obligation that prevents us from doing so.
How to contact us
FAO: The Data Protection Officer
Address: Tropic Breeze, The Old Coach House, Yealmbury Hill, Yealmpton, Devon, PL8 2JH
If you apply for a job with Tropic Breeze by email or via social media, we will store your personal information in an online database. We will use your information to process your job applications on the basis of our legitimate interest to recruit new employees, and will not pass your details on to any third parties. Please let us know if you do not wish for us to store your information for possible future opportunities.
Google Advertising cookies allow third-party vendors including Google to display relevant Tropic Breeze advertisements to you on other websites based on the content you viewed on our website (known as “remarketing” or “targeted advertising”). Click here for more information about how Google uses data, click here to prevent Google Analytics from using your data, or click here to change your Google Ad Preferences.
By not blocking cookies in your web browser and continuing to use our website, you are giving us permission to continue to place them.